The information on this website is preliminary and will be updated continuously.
This seminar is intended for Master’s students in Mathematics and Scientific Computing. We are planning to discuss the lecture notes by Keenan Crane on a course on discrete differential geometry. The course also has video lecture notes which covers more material and can be consulted as a secondary source.
- Combinatorial Surfaces (Chapter 2)
- A Quick and Dirty Introduction to Differential Geometry (Chapter 3)
- A Quick and Dirty Introduction to Exterior Calculus I (Chapters 4.1-4.4)
- A Quick and Dirty Introduction to Exterior Calculus II (Chapters 4.5-4.8)
- Curvature of Discrete Surfaces (Chapter 5)
- The Laplacian (Chapter 6)
- Surface Parametrization (Chapter 7)
- Vector Field Decomposition and Design I (Chapters 8.1-8.2)
- Vector Field Decomposition and Design II (Chapters 8.3-8.3)
Presentations and Grading
In each meeting, we will cover one of the above topics in a 45-minute presentation, followed by a discussion and questions.
Dates and Timeline
If you are interested in participating in this seminar, please pre-register via Müsli, so we know how many participants we can expect. You will ultimately register for the class when you have selected a suitable topic at the organizational meeting.